Massage therapy is beneficial for individuals that participate in exercise or athletic programs who seek enhanced performance, faster recovery, and assistance in injury prevention. Sports massage therapy goes beyond just athletes or those in exercise programs, massage therapy can help reduce chronic pain or restricted range of motion. Sports massage produces overwhelming benefits for athletes or anyone in exercise programs physically, physiologically, and psychologically. Xelf provides massage therapy in Hamilton and the surrounding areas.
Benefits of massage therapy include:
- Reduced muscle tension
- Increased range of motion
- Decreased muscle stiffness and fatigue after exercise
- Improved exercise performance
- Improvement of soft tissue function
- Reduced swelling
- Enhanced athletic performance
- May help prevent injuries when massage is received regularly
Other benefits of massage therapy also include:
- Reduced stress
- Natural pain reliever
- Helps with sleep cycles
- Helps with depression
- Improves immune system functioning
One of our specializations of massage therapy here at Xelf, is Fascial Stretch Therapy™. If you find that you suffer from chronic joint stiffness or muscle pain or discomfort during exercise, FST™ is something you need to seriously consider. Fascial Stretch Therapy is a type of massage therapy that focuses on your fascia, the tissue that runs up and down your body holding all of you muscles together. FST massage therapy is a table-based assisted extension that maneuvers your body into stretching to your full capacity. It is a pain free stretching technique that improves flexibility and loosens joint and muscle movement. The key to FST™ massage therapy is having a certified and skilled practitioner that we can provide here at Xelf.
Benefits of Fascial Stretch Therapy™:
- Creates optimal circulation in your muscles, joints, arteries, veins, brain and spinal cord
- Manipulates, lengthens, re-aligns and reorganizes your fascia
- Eliminates trigger points
- Improves muscle activation and relaxation
- Improves posture and functional ability
- Restores normal joint space
- Increases sports performance
- Reduces injury risk
- Reduces or eliminates tight muscles and joints
City of Hamilton Facts:
- Hamilton became an important port city with the opening (1830) of the Burlington Canal, which linked Hamilton Harbor with Lake Ontario.
- The Royal Botanical Gardens (also in neighboring Burlington), the open-air market, the historical museum in Dundern Park, and the Canadian Football Hall of Fame are places of interest.
Cities near Hamilton, Ontario:
- Ancaster, Dundas, Stoney Creek, Waterdown, Mississauga, Peterborough, Orillia, London, Toronto