Massage therapy is beneficial for individuals that participate in exercise or athletic programs who seek enhanced performance, faster recovery, and assistance in injury prevention. More than a treatment for injuries, sports massage therapy produces overwhelming benefits for athletes physically, physiologically, and psychologically. Massage therapy is also a great way to reduce chronic pain or restricted range of motion. It helps to increase muscle flexibility and joint movement. Massage therapy can reduce stress, helps with sleep cycles, help with depression and even improve immune system functioning. Xelf now serving the Dundas area, offers massage therapy to enhance your personal training sessions.
Benefits of massage therapy include:
- Reduced muscle tension
- Increased range of motion
- Decreased muscle stiffness and fatigue after exercise
- Improved exercise performance
- Improvement of soft tissue function
- Reduced swelling
- Enhanced athletic performance
- May help prevent injuries when massage is received regularly
We also offer Fascial Stretch Therapy™, here at Xelf. If you find that you suffer from chronic joint stiffness or muscle pain or discomfort during exercise, FST™ is something you need to seriously consider. It is a table-based assisted massage therapy that focuses on your fascia. The fascia is a tissue that holds all of your muscles together and runs the length of your body. This stretching technique manipulates your body stretch to its full capacity, and thus improving flexibility, relieving tension of joints, and enabling more muscle movement. It lengthens, re-aligns and reorganizes your fascia. With so many benefits such as, optimal circulation in your muscles, joints, arteries, veins, brain and spinal cord, improved posture and functional ability, eliminates trigger points and more. The key to FST™ massage therapy is having a certified and skilled practitioner that we can provide here at Xelf.
City of Dundas Facts:
- Before it was called Coote’s Paradise, and renamed after 1814 to Dundas.
- Dundas is home to the Dundas Valley School of Art.
Cities near Dundas, Ontario:
- Hamilton, Harrisburg, Burlington, Brant, Oakville, Caledonia, Ancaster, Stoney Creek